[Sidefx-houdini-list] bundles or groups

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Sun Nov 2 01:49:49 EDT 2008

Antoine Durr wrote:
> Hi,
>    I haven't touched either groups or bundles in a while.  Can anyone
> give my a synopsis of the difference between the two, and why I'd
> want to use one or the other?

AFAIK, a group can only hold nodes from the same network, whereas a
bundle can hold a node from anywhere in you hip tree. Bundles can be
filtered  (or not!) to contain only certain types of objects.  And...
there are smart bundles, that can use pattern matching wilds.

I only use groups these days to manage quickly selecting and bypassing
nodes, ie. as part of the interface. Bundles get used for actual masks.

hth.
r.