[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra/Renderman/Mentalray

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Mon Mar 31 17:03:34 EDT 2008

The book I recommend is "The RenderMan Shading Language Guide"
http://www.amazon.com/RenderMan-Shading-Language-Guide/dp/1598632868/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206993624&sr=8-1

Even before "Advanced RenderMan". It covers the more recent concepts
like subsurface scattering and also ray tracing which is not really
covered in Advanced RenderMan. There are lots of examples too. You'll
see, it's so similar to RenderMan that you won't feel really the need
for a Mantra book.

François