[Sidefx-houdini-list] Cd in VOP SOP

Sean Lewkiw seanl at rainmaker.com
Mon Mar 31 10:11:29 EDT 2008

Hm, still don't get it.  Let's say you have no Cd attributes.  A
dangling create att VOP will add the Cd attributes no matter what.

Basically, I want to view a map as point colours, or not view it at
all.  If I choose to not view it at all, I don't want my VOP to add Cd
point attributes.

The only ugly hacky way I can see around it is to pipe a string "Cd" and
a string "blank" into a switch and then into the "add attribute" VOP.
But you will end up with a "" attribute if you don't have Cd.

Sean

Ben Schrijvers wrote:
> Ah right... and not connecting anything to the Cd output.
> Hmmm sounds like that would work.
>
> nice,
> benS
>
> Louis Dunlevy wrote:
>
>> the import attribute vop has a success flag. you could pipe that to an
>> if subnet containing an add attribute vop
>>
>> Ben Schrijvers wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Sean,
>>>
>>> I geuss as soon as you connect something to the Cd output inside the VOP
>>> Sop it will output Cd.
>>> Don't think you can do the switch inside the VOP Sop..
>>> So maybe you need to use an Attribute Sop to delete the Cd attribute and
>>> a Switch Sop with expression to do the switch afterward.
>>> You could use the hasattribute() expression to test if there was a Cd
>>> attribute on the input of the VOP Sop.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> benS

Sean Lewkiw