[Sidefx-houdini-list] PBR render noise, tips?

Abdelkareem Abonamous anamous at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 06:46:39 EDT 2008

AFAIK, the main quality control for Micropoly PBR is the ray variance
antialiasing (under the sampling tab). try changing that from the
defaults (1 and 9) to something like 64 and 512.

PBR currently isn't too quick, specially MPBR. if you have some memory
to burn, try the normal PBR which is much much quicker, but eats up
memory like crazy. the main controls for PBR are the pixel samples.

cheers!