[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra/Renderman/Mentalray

Andras Ikladi andras.ikladi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 23:46:46 EDT 2008

Rob,

Yep, it's an interesting setup.

Right now I don't have time to elaborate on this, but I spent about
half year in 2007 introducing/designing/implementing such a pipeline
(conversion tools, site setup, renderfarm, asset management..etc) for
a 40-45 people company in UK mostly working on highend game cinematics
and right now working at a place where we are also running a
Maya-Houdini pipeline (just with PRMan).

As it's an appealing setup that might interest many medium size
places, I'm in the process of launching (actually it was long due) a
website dealing with these Houdini pipeline design and implementation
issues and have couple of articles already written up, just need
another couple of days to get over this current deadline and finish up
before the next one hits :)

cheers,
Andras