[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK - Loading Geometry File

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 04:53:08 EDT 2008

Hi....

I am writing an external application that reads a geo/bgeo file.
But I am getting problem in loading a geometry file.
My code is like :

GU_Detail*        sopGdp = new GU_Detail;
const UT_Options *options  = new UT_Options;
sopGdp->load((const char*)fullFileName ,options);

In H9 the geometry loading procedure is somewhat changed.
Now the syntax is

load(const char *, const UT_Options *options);
It now takes UT_Options* . Somebody told me that insted of UT_Options NULL also works. I tried that also. But no help.
My Code compiles properly. But when I run it, "load" method returns -1.
That is operation unsuccessful. My "fullFileName" is correct, and it is the full path to my geo/bgeo file on disk.

If UT_Options has to be set properly , what is the procedure for that?

Plz Help....

-----iamjaideep80
(Jaideep Khadilkar)