[Sidefx-houdini-list] Particle Fluid Elasticity

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Fri Mar 28 17:19:19 EDT 2008

Hi, I started to learn particle fluids. I'm able to control plasticity
but I'm not able to create a fluid completely elastic like the bunny
squashed by the foot in the video found at the bottom of this page.

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/labs/infographie/papers/Clavet-2005-PVFS/index.html

They seem to use an algorithm very similar to Houdini. In Houdini when I
increase the "Plastic Yield Ratio" I've got to increase to an astronomic
value the "Plasticity Constant". As soon as I get closer to 0.5 it's no
longer possible to achieve a stable simulation. I've increased "Max
Substeps" to 200 and "CFL Condition" to 0.01 still without success.

Actually what I want is to have no plasticity or even better be able to
control it from no plasticity to full plasticity.

Any ideas?

François