[Sidefx-houdini-list] Bridge of Cards 2

Beatriz Lorenzo bealobo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 20:52:47 EDT 2008

Hi again!

Still no luck. So here are a couple of questions:

- Mantra parameters are overriden if there is an attribute (same name and
type) on the geometry. Do I need to actually enable any overrides in the
material SOP or int eh SHOPs? I ask this because I've seen many "overrides"
here and there. I have the shaders in SHOP context and geometry in OBJ, if
it makes any difference.

- About randomizing, I'm using a stamp. So I made a new map (in this case is
map) attribute on the card geo (not on the points to copy to), class
primitive, type string. And defined the string:
$HIP/images/cards.`stamp("../copy2","randomizer",1)`.jpg
For the copy SOP I made the randomizer stamp with this: int(fit(rand($PR),
0, 1, 1, 52)) --- Actually that might be the problem, as I've copied this
expression from your previous explanations to pingo without a lot of
thought, without any thought.
And for the material, it is just a simple decal with this texture applied:
$HIP/images/cards.$F4.jpg -- althought it doesn't matter if I put a single
file like: $HIP/images/cards.0001.jpg
Do you detect something really bad ni this setup? I mean, it works in my
head but not in Houdini!!!

Many thanks  for any help!!!
:D

Beatriz