[Sidefx-houdini-list] meshing study

David Johnson daveinengland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 07:05:16 EDT 2008

The point SOP is useful for adding standard attributes, such as color or
normals. Just change the drop down menu to "Add Color" and put an expression
in the three color channels.

But to add a custom attribute, the Attribute Create SOP is the one to use.
In your case, you'll want to add a width parameter. Drop down an Attribute
Create SOP, put "width" in the name field, put WIDTH in the local variable
name field. Set the class to point, and type to float.

Then the only tricky part is putting your expression in the right field at
the bottom. There are two sets of parameters that seem like the are the
same, but they aren't. The default values fields are for any points that
aren't in your point group up at the top. The value fields are the ones you
want. Since you're only dealing with a float (not a vector), put your
expression in the first one.

Then you're good to go.

In the polywire SOP, put $WIDTH in the radius field and behold the glory of
varying widths on your polywire!

Dave