[Sidefx-houdini-list] Fur Implementation With Renderman

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 09:16:50 EDT 2008

HI Dan,,,

Thank u very much.
I got ur attachment. But I am not being able to extract it. It is showing
"Can not extract SFX or Volumes" error on Linux , and "Corrupt File"
on Windows . The same problem is occurring when I download the same file from HaRM page. I am not sure whether it is a problem from my side or the original file is corrupt. Can u send me some other format??

--------iamjaideep80
(Jaideep Khadilkar)

Dan Seddon <Dan.Seddon at framestore-cfc.com> wrote: Hi Jaideep

Yes HaRM sounds great - although I hope I'm not overselling it as I've never used it..... But, the idea is great and the code is really small so adapting this (if it doesn't do exacly the right thing) should be easier than writting a whole fur system.

I doesn't involve any HDK it calls Houdini as an external program and runs a .hip and then saves the geometry of a certain node (given as an arguement). I'm sure you could easily adapt it so take another arguement that could be the face number of a base mesh so you could generate the fur one face at a time - using it as some kind of geometry server.

Dan