[Sidefx-houdini-list] meshing study

herman herman02 at netvigator.com
Wed Mar 26 02:44:54 EDT 2008

Hi all,

After looking at this few sites of what 3dmax can do with the hexagons meshing http://designreform.net/?p=86  and along with this more elaborate design for rhino http://madeincalifornia.blogspot.com/2008/03/parametric-honeycomb-series01a.html ... I'm trying to explore the same in Houdini.

Firstly, if I want to do some fancy meshing pattern, is the "divide sop" the only option I have?

After making the meshing pattern in "divide sop" from "box"(polygon mesh)>divide sop (check compute dual), there seem to have only one option left to make it into a frame by connecting it to "polywire" sop.

however, if I want the joint to have buckle as in here http://www.flickr.com/photos/7453761@N05/2362689599/sizes/o/

or

to change the depth or width of individual frame that varies (since the polywire seem to be too uniform), there seem to be a limit.

any suggestions?

Thanks

herman