[Sidefx-houdini-list] Glue

pingo van der brinkloev houdinilist at comxnet.dk
Tue Mar 25 12:20:38 EDT 2008

Hey list.

About RBD Glue:
I'm looking at the Breaking Rock example file in the help docs.
A rock hits some geometry and breaks apart. all works nicely and I
understand the workflow. I can also recreate it with my own geometry.

But the entire object breaks apart immediately on impact. I would like
the breakup to be slow... like it travels through the rock breaking
one piece off after the other... I'm messing around with the internal
glue strenght. It seems that I can only turn it on or off (going from
0 to -0.001)

Is this effect hard to achieve? could someone point me in the right
direction?

- Sorry if this question doesn't belong on this list, but I guess part
of being a newbie, is also finding out where to ask questions. So if
this is RTFM, please tell me where to post instead:-)

cheers!

pingo