[Sidefx-houdini-list] Fur Implementation With Renderman

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 09:32:28 EDT 2008

HI......

 I want to render a large amount of hair and fur and though Mantra fur is good , I want to do that with renderman. There are some fur procedurals for mtor. I don't know how to call renderman fur procedural thru houdini.
 I have some ideas in mind. But not clear.

 1 : Can I use Rman Dynamic Load or Rman Run Program ?
       I think, for this I have to write an external application first. But how will it work?

 2 : Can I write a Vray Procedural thru HDK ? (I think it  is only for mantra)

 3 : Is there any other way to do this ???

 Plz Help...

--iamjaideep80
(Jaideep Khadilkar)