[Sidefx-houdini-list] 8 core render hickups

paul simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Sat Mar 22 10:46:33 EDT 2008

for what it's worth - we've been rendering 1000's of frames recently with
8cores per frame (using 5-6G RAM).  andrew has just fixed some random thread
related crashes - so get a recent build - cos that could well help.

we have certainly found that mantra exists disgracefully if it runs out of
ram.  all our frames started going though very smoothly once we went from
4cores/4G to 8 cores/8G.