[Sidefx-houdini-list] 8 core render hickups

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Fri Mar 21 21:24:23 EDT 2008

Hey Peter,

We are using Ubuntu 64-- Memory does not seem to be the problem-
Monitoring processes, I can see that Ubuntu  allows way over 2.8 gigs
of the (8 gigs) available ram to be used during a "heavy" render
without any problem-  I'm still getting sporadic interruptions in
renders- Sometimes from within the package, and sometimes processing
ifd's from command line- Again, not a major inconvenience so far,
Been too busy with production to really focus on tracking down the
problem- Any suggestions where to look will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Jed-