[Sidefx-houdini-list] 8 core render hickups

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 11:34:12 EDT 2008

Hey Jed,

Are you using 64bit Ubuntu and Houdini builds? If not, doesn't matter
how much RAM you have, 2.8gb is your limit... Also, remember that even
though Mantra 9's threading uses shared memory, using more threads
will still use some more memory because you'll have multiple buckets
being processed simultaneously. Try a single thread with the smallest
bucket size as the first step in testing if memory is an issue. Also
watch "top" and see if Mantra is hitting 2.8gb or so.

Cheers,

Peter B