[Sidefx-houdini-list] Bridge of Cards

Antoine Durr antoine at floqfx.com
Wed Mar 19 12:03:32 EDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 8:41 AM, Chandra Maharzan wrote:

> Ok.. I think the problem I am facing is because I am copying the
> cards onto
> the points of the curve which means that there is one card copied
> over each
> point.
>
> On the material string value I need to randomize the cards from A,
> 2, 3, 4,
> etc... So, will this work?
>
> $HIP/card.`int(rand(3))`.jpg
>
> 3 being randomizing up to A, 2, 3.
>
> Is there any other solution to this??

This seems like the right way to go so far, except you'll need to
bury the int(rand()) inside a stamp function, so that each cook of
the chain has a different result.  BTW, I'm pretty sure that the copy
SOP help has a usage example that you can launch that shows you all
this.  Might be worth poking through some of those demos to get a
feel for what approaches work best.

-- Antoine