[Sidefx-houdini-list] Bridge of Cards

Antoine Durr antoine at floqfx.com
Wed Mar 19 11:28:47 EDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 7:56 AM, Chandra Maharzan wrote:

> What does this mean??
> `stamp("../copy2","cardnumber",0)`

The backticks (``) denote that what's inside them is to be
interpreted as a Houdini expression.  stamp() is a function -- type
"exhelp stamp" into the textport, and it will give you expression
help that shows what the parameters are.  The stamp() function is
typically used in conjunction with a copy SOP -- for each copy that
you ask the copy SOP to generate, it "stamps" the left hand input,
i.e. it goes and recooks the whole SOP chain.  You can use the stamp
() function to vary the result of that SOP chain on each cook (see
the help for the copy SOP).

-- Antoine