[Sidefx-houdini-list] h9 and no bookmarks...

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Wed Mar 19 04:51:33 EDT 2008

Dragos Stefan wrote:
> They are available in 9.1. Check the drop-down arrow to the left of the
> operator pah menu (at the top of the network view).

Thanks Dragos, but I can't find 'em... What version exactly? Do you mean
the back (and forward) arrow, and that you can click-hold and get a
history of where that particular pane has been? If so.. that's handy in
reducing the pain of not having bookmarks, but it isn't bookmarks.

While still hoping I'm blind to Dragos' suggestion and it's just there..
here's some more on workflow:

Basically...  I jump around different desktops and approach things and
twiddle knobs from different angles. There's usually a few places that
most of the work gets done.. such as in a shop parameter pane, or a vop
network, or a chop net... and in the old days I'd always be able to pick
a pane, use the bookmark, and get my really really really significant
bit of stuff on screen really really quickly. Especially these days this
stuff can get nested pretty deep, and I'm getting old, and my baby
daughter wakes me up too early... ahh woe with me.

They're also a really useful when you're struggling through someone
else's complex setup, bookmark a few useful spots and you don't need to
remember it was in /obj/blah/foo/bugreit4/bar/bar_copy1/grumble/yodelly3.

Firefox introduced tabs, and didn't remove bookmarks ;)

r.