[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK : Pos using UV Attribute

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 11:24:41 EDT 2008

Hi Brian...

I already tried using Primitive attribute. But it does the same thing as
primuv expression. It uses prim_attribute function of Vex and the help of this function says,

Evaluates the attribute string att for primitive pn at the parametric location u, v.

And I don't want to find the Position on Parametric u and v, but texture u and v.

I hope u can help me.

----iamjaideep80
(Jaideep Khadilkar)

brian goodwin <brian.r.goodwin at gmail.com> wrote: I think by using the primitive attribute in VOP's, it should give u the
solution.

let me know if u need some help setting it up.

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Jaideep Khadilkar
wrote:

>  Hi All...
>
>  I want to find position of a point on a surface using its uv attributes.
> "primuv" expression gives me the position, if the surface is NURBS, but it
> uses orignal NURB uv to calculate position and doesn't use texture uv
> atrribute that we modify.
> I have a polygon model with UV texture attribute from 0 to 1. Using the uv
> texture attribute, I want to add some points evenly spaced in the uv texture
> space(like a grid) and on the corresponding positions on the model.
>
> How to do that???
>

> ----iamjaideep80
> (Jaideep Khadilkar)

brian