[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini on windows 64 bit

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Mon Mar 17 23:20:47 EDT 2008

Ben Schrijvers wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does a Windows Xp 64bit computer allow me to use more memory for Houdini.
> It get contant crashes lately while working with bigger data sets.
>
> I could as the IT team over here for another computer. But will Houdini
> make use of it?

Hmm.. windows... icky. Vista... icky..

One thing to check under 32bit winders is that you have the 3Gb switch
set, otherwise you're apps are restricted to 2....

Check in the boot.ini file.. you need that /3GB flag at the end of your
Win XP line ala:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Win XP" /3GB

But of course your best bet is to reconfigure grub.conf so that you boot
into linux ;)

r.