[Sidefx-houdini-list] export 2d track to 3d

jose fernandez jose.fernandez at framestore-cfc.com
Mon Mar 17 11:09:37 EDT 2008

Hi I'm trying to export a 2d track into 3d space. I've brought in the
data through chops and fitted it to uv space (0-1) through a range node
(1-2048 in x, 1-1556 in y).
My first try was to use a grid at a certain point to project uv
cordinates from camera... and transferring attributes between chops and
the grid with point sops and finally a transfer attribute that copies
color with the 3d information in it to the tracking point. In short this
technique worked, but the metaball sampling doesn't seem to be accurate
enough and while the point is at the expected position I get random
jumps every few frames as it moves. I've tried playing with the kernel
values but nothing makes it better.
Could any ones suggest a more intelligent (and accurate) approach?