[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini on windows 64 bit(Vista)

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Fri Mar 14 16:02:56 EDT 2008

On Friday 14 March 2008 15:26, Olex P wrote:
> Hey John,
> I didn't expect this from you :)  From any person but not from you :p

	Yah, I would re-iterate my last thought that I personally won't ever run
windows in production, but that's an aside.  :)  I just found that there's so
many bad feelings out there over the catastrophe that has been Vista that
it's worth hearing another side.  I really didn't have any problems at all,
apart from some design and implementation issues.  Bloat...well, it's
everywhere.  It's the direction of software design, unfortunately.  Vista is
an easy target.

	For the record, disabling Aero didn't make any noticable speed differences on
my system, so I left it on.  I like the look!

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada