[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini on windows 64 bit

Alvaro Castaneda varomix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 11:54:04 EDT 2008

HI
I had a very big problems in the past with xp 64, I just couldn't render my
final scene, and I tried everything, I mean, everything, FOR A WEEK, when
suddenly  I remember that I had a separate hard drive with linux installed
there, an this was a 32 bit distro, I logged in, opened the scene, and
started rendering soooo damn smoothly oh my god!!!, since, then, I can't use
windows for the serious task of my work, to think that I was about to loose
a good client just because of the problems windows had with memory, oh man!.

I don't wanna sound anti-windows, I wanna sound pro-results man linux works
like a charm with memory, I remember the first time I run houdini on linux,
I was like holy particles!!!.

Any ways, I still use XP, I have some apps I still run under windows, even
some maya for things that are not that heavy, but for the serious stuff I'm
always on linux, there's even a PAE 32 bit kernel, that is a 32bit system
that uses more memory that the 4gb limit.

I say, give it a try, is free man!!, but be aware that you might never come
back :D

l8r

varomix
intelia_animate