[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini on windows 64 bit

Andras Ikladi andras.ikladi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 11:24:33 EDT 2008

It will make all the difference :)

Instead of constant crashes at about 1.3-1.5gig memory use, it will
scale up waay more (I've seen up to 3.2-3.3 gigs..in theory it should
be 4 gigs). And the good side effect :) of it is that even the 32bit
build behaves that way.
(I didn't have a chance to try the 64bit windows build yet as it
didn't exist that time when I was on windows).

No known problems for me (apart from general usually minor xp64 things
that are more up to IT to fix), so I would say it's a go.

cheers,
Andras