[Sidefx-houdini-list] RBD Objects

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Mar 13 09:25:21 EDT 2008

RBD uses a mechanism called SDF (Signed Distance Field) for their
collision. But you can also use primitive as bounding volume, a sphere
or a box. In your case I would use an implicit box.

However I think you'll have to subdivide you individual card mesh to
make sure enough point can collide with that implicit box. You can bring
the subdivided version inside Dop and still use the original one in Sop,
i.e. in Houdini what you simulate doesn't have to be what you see. Look
at the "ProxyGeometry" example card.

Since each card must have the same size you could use an instance
mechanism in Dop to avoid recalculation of each RBD but this could be
more complicated.

François