[Sidefx-houdini-list] Deform by null

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Thu Mar 13 06:12:18 EDT 2008

Hi Guillaume,

Maybe you can turn your clusters into points. Then put a transform
matrix (or normal & upvector) as an attribute on each point.
Then on each leave store a point attribute that is the point number of
the clusterpoint you want that leave to follow.
You could transfer the cluster point number to the leaves with a
attribute transfer when everything is in a rest possition.

You could then make a vex node with the leaves as the first input and
the cluster as the second.
For each point you get the transform matix from the second input points
using the cluster number attribute to find the right point.

I geuss it's basicly what bones do but then without the weighting.

cheers,
benS