[Sidefx-houdini-list] Deform by null

guillaume laforge guillaume.laforge.3d at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 05:58:10 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Dragos Stefan <ds_list at dsg.ro> wrote:

> Yes, but a handle is not a Null. A null can be part of a hierarchy etc.
> Of course, solutions can be built, but clusters are a fast (workflow
> wise) and elegant solution to some deformations.
>

>From my young Houdini experience I agree that a cluster like system is
needed. Something fast to setup and fast to animate. Something not using
capture ( too slow ). Just a null driving a group of points.
I' building a setup with several leaves (from one polygon object), using
nulls objects with a capture sop and then deforming each leaves with those
null is really slow (one deform sop by null...). Finally I'm using a delete
sop and a transform sop for each leaves ( using $CE for the pivot) and then
re-merge all the geo at the end of the graph.
It is faster than several deform soft but compared to XSI cluster center it
is really slow. Maybe there is a better way, I will investigate/learn more
after this work.

Cheers

Guillaume