[Sidefx-houdini-list] rendering in UV space and wrong scale.

Simon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:48:05 EDT 2008

Hi,
Nice tip with vm_* properties! Thanks! (Does it exist in Help?) I was
thinking recently what's up with "-u" beta presents there for ages now...

The question is how to deal with black edges issue except post-process
treatment (expand, erode etc filters).
Does Mantra supply some kind of "expanding" micro-poly over prim's uv? I've
heard once this is possible in PRMan, although I can be wrong here...

I can imagine that I could vary final rendering method for prim's edges (if
not edge, use texture, else compute ao), but things go little crazy this
way. Shaders start to be messy. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Simon.