[Sidefx-houdini-list] Duplicating a curve

Spencer.Lueders at framestore-cfc.com Spencer.Lueders at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Mar 12 10:02:20 EDT 2008

ah, I thought you were copying your boxes using the Number of Copies which would have the effect you are looking for if you did it that way, but since you are copying boxes to points, there are a couple ways you could do this.

You will need to assign a scale attribute to your points.  The easiest way (in my opinion) would be to add a point SOP after your line SOP.  On the particle tab of your point SOP, put this expression in the Scale parameter, "$PT/$NPT" or to reverse your scale "1-$PT/$NPT".  This gives you a linear taper.

Wire your Point SOP into the 2nd input of the copy SOP and your box into the 1st input.  The copy SOP by default transforms objects based on the point attributes you assign.

Hope this helps