[Sidefx-houdini-list] rendering in UV space and wrong scale.

guillaume laforge guillaume.laforge.3d at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 09:20:29 EDT 2008

Hi Mark,

For information, in my scene the window channels were set to 1. As
Francois-Xavier said, this weird scale behavior come from lights with depth
maps (I don't know why...).

Now (of course) I just need a render using unwrap with some depth shadows
(using a skin like shader). Is there a workaround to this uv scale problem ?
Camera map is my last option...

Cheers

Guillaume Laforge | La Maison

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Mark Elendt <mark at sidefx.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday Mar 12 at 10:10, guillaume laforge wrote:
> > Hi, it is me again.
> >
> > I've got a new uv space rendering problem. I'm using vm_uvobject
> parameter
> > to render in uv space and the rendered image show a scaled uv space. The
> > side of my uv's are cropped.
> > If I scale down my uv and then re-render, I can see all the uv space in
> my
> > image file but it is bigger than the uv ?
> >

> I *think* that the window channels on the camera may affect the
> projection (allow you to scale UVs).  However, it would be far more
> intuitive to have a UV scale parameter for rendering.

Guillaume Laforge