[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra -u and shading layers

guillaume laforge guillaume.laforge.3d at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:49:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your idea. But I don't get the point. Here is an example :

One shader using two textures. Texture A use uv, and texture B use uv2. Then
I would like to render map an object using this shader.
So I create an other uv (uv3) to unwrap my uvs (as for example, uv and uv2
were create before a copy sop). How can I setup mantra -u to render in the
uv3 space ?

Cheers

Guillaume

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Peter Robbinson <probbins at sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> I haven't thought this through completely, but I would say you can use
> Takes, and
> assign mantras to specific takes, and assign different uv layers to the
> appropriate takes.
>

> PeterR
>
> guillaume laforge wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to tell Mantra wich uv is used for the unwrap when using
> > mantra -u ?
> >
> > Actually I create an attribute sop to delete all the uvs except the
> unwrap
> > one. Then I must create an other attribute sop to rename the unwrap
> > projection 'uv2' to 'uv'.
> > As I rendermap an occlusion shader it is not a big deal but if I need
> all my
> > uv's to rendermap severals textures it could be a problem.
> >
> > So is it possible to specify wich uv is used for the unwrap using mantra
> -u
> > ?
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> --
> "gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer"
> "everything is coincident"
> "Love: the state of suspended anticipation"
> "To get any appreciable distance from the Earth in
> a sensible amount of time, you must lie."
> "Easy, is not how you make a living."

Guillaume Laforge