[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini in the future

Lucio Flores dogboy_l at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 18:19:31 EST 2008

I had this crystal ball, and I asked to see what Houdini 34.5 would look like in the year 2050.

It was pretty awesome. The whole varmap as a detail attribute was completely gone. Each node had a varmap implicitly defined. So all per point/vertex/primitive variables existed, everywhere.

Until 2050 rolls around, don't you find it odd that Houdini doesn't have a utility to create a varmap for attributes?? I mean, not even the AttribCreate SOP does it properly. Varmaps should be updated with each attribute creation at the GEO_Detail level.