[Sidefx-houdini-list] Copy SOP

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 11:07:43 EST 2008

Hi Chandra,

The Sweep SOP only accepts a geometry input, so what Rangi's method is
doing is creating a primitive sphere that is defined by a single point
at its centre. This point is then being modified to include normal/up
vector information using the Point SOP. When the sphere is swept, that
point information is also carried onto the swept curve; allowing for
greater functionality because the curve now has point information that
can then be utilised by the Copy SOP. The combination of the Sweep SOP
and the Copy SOP could allow for (in the long run) a greater level of
individual tile control than either operator individually. This however
is dependant upon the complexity of the scene you are trying to create
and the level of proceduralism you wish to attain.

Kind regards,

Phil.