[Sidefx-houdini-list] Copy SOP

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 23:00:55 EST 2008

Ah yes of course - the old-primitive sphere trick. (not polygon or nurbs)

The primitive sphere has the wonderful quality of being a single
point, and yet it is still a primitive - so you can do things like
rotate the sphere with transform sop, sweep, etc to rotate the vectors
on it's point. As Rangi sagely points out, copy straight onto that -
or use an add SOP to "delete primitives but keep points" if you need
something more stripped back.

Thanks for reminding me about that!