[Sidefx-houdini-list] dops: sop solver + script solver?

Steve Gustafson sgustafso at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:18:53 EST 2008

Hey guys. I'm trying to use a combination of an rbdsolver, sop solver and a
script solver, joined together through a multisolver. Combining both the
rbdsolver and the sop solver works perfectly, but the second I add the
scriptsolver on at the end of the multisolver, the whole thing breaks - even
if the script isn't doing anything, or even if I'm not even sourcing a
script. No error messages or anything, my dop object just disappears. Can I
not combine solvers in this way?

If you need the specifics on what I'm trying to do, basically, I'm using the
sop solver to transfer data from fluids in the dop network into the sop
geometry as color. Then, my script solver queries the color value on a
single point in the dop object (all points in the object share the same
value), and based on the result, modifies data on the rigid body. That's the
intent, anyway.