[Sidefx-houdini-list] maya oceans vs houdini oceans

Ivan DeWolf ivan at martian-labs.com
Mon Mar 3 17:58:13 EST 2008

if you want examples of the Hydrous tools, look at the following films:

X-men 2
Secondhand Lions
Peter Pan
Stealth
Flags of our fathers

there are also several commercials that used the tool, those examples are harder
to find online or on DVD. You could also look at this:

http://martian-labs.com/martianlabs/reel.html

Quoting Adrian Lee <dryrainstudios at gmail.com>:

> thanks guys prompt as always.
>
> Has anyone got any more rendered examples of that they can show of the
> houdini stuff. The maya one creates good results straight out of the box but
> is a bit dificult to control where as I imagine the houdini ones have alot
> more control of wind and wave functions and wont flicker or tesalate as
> obviously.
>
> Has anyone sucsessfully compiled the oceanSop for fedora and H9.1? there
> were suggestions on the thread but I couldnt see anything concrete.
>
> Ed

-Ivan