[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini on Mac.... COOL

Garman Lists garman_lists at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 26 12:04:24 EDT 2008

I have to say how impressed I am with the first release of Houdini on a
Mac.  My only experience so far was a bit limited but with a very cool
factor.

My daughter installed it on her Small MacBook.  I was trying to coach
her over the phone.  The, the very cool factor, she asked me to screen
share with her.  And I was able to help her remotely, working on Houdini
on her "small" computer 800 miles away from mine, which, by the way,
isn't even an intel Mac.

How cool was that.  And I overbuild more than her graphics card could
take but used the old "display the null SOP trick" and it rendered like
lightning.

I'm totally impressed.  This is not only a education breakthru for Side
Effects but a major production breakthrough as well.  Even with the
small MacBook laptop I'm able to teach all the basic concepts of getting
around the GUI and basics of setups.

Great work, SESI and Apple!

-Garman