[Sidefx-houdini-list] VOPs question

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Tue Jun 24 19:53:46 EDT 2008

Phil Spicer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to import a vop network into another context? For example if I were to create a simple pattern surface and then wanted to import that pattern into a displacement shader so that it was dynamically linked, how would I go about it? Is there an Object Merge SOP equivalent in VOPs?

Hey Phil,

I think wrapping up a chunk of vops into an asset for the dynamic
linking would make more sense... ?

However.... are you trying to share patterns between a displacement
shader and a surface shader? Best approach is to pass the variable from
displacement through to surface with Import Displacement Variable vop.

Beers,
r.