[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK: New SOP and Volumes

Drew Whitehouse Drew.Whitehouse at anu.edu.au
Sun Jun 22 22:32:13 EDT 2008

Hi Tamis,

Heres a simple one that I hacked up a while back. It will read raw byte,
short and float volume files from a file and produce a volume primitive. It
uses the 3rd party package blitz++ which may be a bit inconvenient (worth
the effort though if you're playing with lots of volume data), but it should
be enough to get you started, after that it's a case of reading the relevant
HDK .h files. The important bit is in the SOP_RawVol::cookMySop method.

  http://sf.anu.edu.au/~drw900/houdini/misc/rawvol.tar.gz

-Drew

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Tamis <tamis.vanderlaan at bisc.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if any one have made a SOP_Node that contains Volume
> data?
>
> If i look at gdp i can see some volume related methods like:
>
> addVolumeRef()
> convertVolumesToPolys()
> ect..
>
> But i have yet to find a method that allows me to access volume data or
> create it.
>
> Has any one played with this?
> It would save me a lot of effort :D
>
> Greetings,