[Sidefx-houdini-list] VOPs question

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 21:26:52 EDT 2008

The "correct" way (I use the term Correct very loosely here) would be
to create the pattern in the Displacement shader, then use "dimport()"
to import the values in the Surface shader. That way the pattern code
runs once, saving a lot of computation time.

Having said that, I like the HDA suggestion, so you have as much
"generic" code as possible inside HDAs that are easy to update as
needed.

Cheers,

Peter B