[Sidefx-houdini-list] bgeo.gz and gzip with windows

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Tue Jun 17 15:18:51 EDT 2008

Hi Nicholas,

There should be no problems reading .bgeo.gz files on Windows since a
Windows native version of gzip is shipped along with Houdini. Writing
out .bgeo.gz files are a different story though due to a bug with the
IOTable commands not being executed through a shell on Windows, thus
making all IOTable commands (eg. those in $HH/GEOio) that use file
redirection not work. I've now remedied this in Houdini 9.5.140.

Cheers,
-Edward