[Sidefx-houdini-list] bgeo.gz and gzip with windows

Nicholas Pliatsikas nick_p102 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:16:42 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Im having trouble finding any information on compressed bgeo.gz files with windows xp. Im not sure what is needed for gzip compression to save from houdini. I take it this isnt automated based on whats installed as i cant generate bgeo.gz files in anyway with either of these apps.

Is there an environment variable we need to set to use a specified zip package? We would like to use 7-zip for this process.
Thanks
Nicholas Pliatsikas

Apologies for the previous accidental email.