[Sidefx-houdini-list] How to select components using Python

Graham Thompson gthompson at sidefx.com
Sat Jun 14 03:56:32 EDT 2008

This is not  possible.  The selectors that are available through
hou.SceneViewer only provide interactive selection.   There is no way to
set geometry entities to be selected as you describe.  What are you
attempting to do that you would want to set a bunch of entities as selected?
Is this in preparation to invoke another tool?  If  so, then could you
not invoke the other tool, then apply your list of entities to the group
of whatever is next used?