[Sidefx-houdini-list] export to maya & mental ray

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Thu Jun 12 10:31:55 EDT 2008

We (were) thinking that mental ray might be the best way to match
into the shots that our maya crew is producing- Having run a few
tests importing the maya files via fbx, we're finding that the mantra
shaders generated in the translation are pretty close-- with a bit of
tweaking we should be able to match well enough to mingle shots and
avoid the added headache of another renderer-!

Thanks!

Jed-