[Sidefx-houdini-list] ifd streaming

Georg DÃŒmlein info at preset.de
Tue Jun 10 10:57:25 EDT 2008

some tipps I discovered so far - mainly with help from Jenny:

the example in the help misses .split() :
to change a shader parameter:
instead of:
mantra.setproperty('object:surface', 'plastic diff 1 0 0')
you need to:
mantra.setproperty('object:surface', 'plastic diff 1 0 0'.split())

build in shaders are referenced with their "plain name" like:
plastic and asad_light

custom materials need to be embeded into the ifd to be accessible by the
filter and are referenced like this:
eg: op:/shop/wooden/woodDisplace to filter the displacement of a wood material

you cannot change the output filename using python filtering.
To change the filename use the commandline option:
manta -P filter.py -f filename.ifd newoutput.ext

Cheers,

Georg

Jerry Corda-Stanley <jerry at intelligentcreatures.com> schrieb:

> Yeah, i meant filtering. Thanks Georg that's a good point in the right
> direction.

> ----- "Georg D�Œmlein" <info at preset.de> wrote:
> > Never heard of "ifd streaming" but of piping.
> > You can pipe your ifds through a parser that exchanges parts of the
> > ifd.
> > A build in version of this is python filtering that allows you to
> > specify
> > filters that change properties of objects and image planes.
> >
> > The documentation on this is somewhat buggy, though.
> >
> > Georg
> >

> > Jerry Corda-Stanley <jerry at intelligentcreatures.com> schrieb:
> >
> > > Is it possible?
> > >
> > > If so, has anyone have any experience with it? I interested
> > > in generating one ifd sequence, and the depending on the comp
> > > layer using a streamed ifd to set render properties.
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >
> > > Jerry

Dipl.-Des. Georg Dümlein

  Am Stadtgraben 45