[Sidefx-houdini-list] disappearing HDA parameters

Pablo Giménez Pizarro pablogipi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 19:16:48 EDT 2008

Ok to make a sinopsis of this thread and have a message to SESI I
think we can have a couple of problems we need to solve, and SESI can
help or solve them totally or partially:
- First of all the main that paul is taking about: packaging. These
implies for SESI to add some metadata to the OTL to store versioning,
dependecies and maybe other useful data like, user, permissions?,
modification date, etc ... And finally some tools to manage these
data, some gui tools and some hooks in the python and hscript. Al of
these can be done by SESI because is only related to the HDA stuff,
should solve the problem of ensuring to use the correct version of the
HDA in your hip and to have all the needed HDA when you load an asset
that depend on others.
- Secondly we have the problem of tracking your assets along all the
production. Definitily this depends from the former one and then the
packaging have more preference to the managing becasue it gives the
tools needed by propietary or custom solutions to manage assets in
production. I don't want to extend myself in this topic because it
seems not to be the goal of this thread, but I only want to say that
in my opinion is clear that some simple tools that give some support
to trackng assets from Houdini out of the box will be very well
receive by users.