[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPs question

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 06:01:49 EDT 2008

Hi Phil,

You have to roll your own. I believe there is an example doing this in
Craig's Gnomon DVD and likely other places too. I haven't used DOPs
for a while but basically, you add your own piece of data that has an
expression that sees if the Impacts field exists (i.e. an impact is
taking place) and adds 1 to a variable. I remain surprised this isn't
available automatically like $NUMHITS in POPs, it seems like a pretty
obvious thing to have all the time.

Cheers,

Peter B