[Sidefx-houdini-list] disappearing HDA parameters

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Fri Jun 6 19:04:02 EDT 2008

I've never used Temerity, but I must admit that I prefer the idea of a 'different tool' (read:something other then your DCC app) controlling and managing all these aspects of production (imagine: path issues, user authentication, database access, platforms, gamma, etc etc etc).

I believe that SESI could do a great job of building an excellent frame work for this toolkit, but truth be told, I'd rather they spent their time doing what they do best, which is continuing to build a kick-ass tool set for 3d -- remember everything has a cost.  Would you prefer SESI allocate resources to this, or spend their time optimizing and improving on DOPs/SHOPs/VOPs/etc?

IMO, if you've grown to the point of being able to capitalize on these assets (and all the goodness that they bring to the party), perhaps you need to hire someone that will make this particular issue their full-time problem.

Gene

--
Gene Dreitser
Loki Visual Effects