[Sidefx-houdini-list] disappearing HDA parameters

Jim Callahan callahan at temerity.us
Fri Jun 6 16:14:45 EDT 2008

Pablo Giménez Pizarro wrote:
> For all the topics we have been covering in this thread can be
> splitted in 3 areas:
> - Versioning
> - Dependencies
> - Asset managing and tracking
>
> Every topic depend from the previous, is impossible to have
> dependencies tacking without a correct versioning and again is
> impossible to have a correct asset management without versioning and
> dependencies.

I couldn't agree more.   But those concepts are equally valid for every
"asset" in a production whether its an OTL, Maya scene, Nuke script,
RenderMan shader or whatever.   These dependencies span across files
generated from more than one application.  And don't forget adding
knowledge about how to regenerate/rebake these things if they go stale.
That's why in my admittedly biased opinion this kind of thing is much
better handled outside any one particular application at a higher level
by something like our  application (Temerity Pipeline) or your own home
grown equivalent.

--
Jim Callahan - President - Temerity Software <www.temerity.us>